Monday, June 24, 2013

Learning a third language-French

 
Since I entered middle school, I had a little hope of having the ability to speak three or four languages frequently. However, it was quite hard for me to grasp a chance to learn a language other than English and Korean, due to lack of time. I knew that learning a third language would cost me a lot of effort and time, which made me afraid because I was busy trying to get good grades in school.

Three years of hard work enabled me to enter KMLA. I gave up many of the hopes and dreams I had as a youngster because entering this school was one of the highest priorities for me. Thankfully however, KMLA has provided me a new chance to fulfill one of the dreams I had; learning a third language.

After I came here, I found out that I had to choose between three different languages; French, Spanish, and Chinese. After spending quite some time to make a choice, I chose to learn French. The reason was quite simple. It was because since I was young, I have been thinking that it was simply magnificent and awesome to be able to speak fluently in French.

Nevertheless, let me talk about the way students learn French here in KMLA. French is taught by Ms. Jung. She is one of the main reasons students including me are fond of French class because she is very generous, kind, and passionate. There are about 50 students who take French classes, and as it’s quite impossible for our teacher to teach all these students at once, we were divided into three separate classes. Unfortunately however, 29(including me) of the 50 students were jammed into one class, thereby making the class extremely crowded. Because of this, I was first worried of being unable to participate freely and concentrating in class. 

When I actually took the French class however, all my worries faded away. It was one of the most exciting and fun foreign language class I have ever taken, and I could easily participate freely in class and learn a lot about the language. Now, French is one of my favorite subjects that I am quite passionate at. I am quite grateful about the fact that I could grasp the opportunity to learn this fabulous language here in KMLA, and I personally hope to be fluent enough to be able to have a conversation with French people.

No comments:

Post a Comment